The Voice, American Idol, Ellen

Discussion in 'Music/Media' started by neverAgain, Mar 30, 2015.

1. neverAgain

neverAgain Senior member

If any one wants to talk about favorite contestants here, please do!

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
    Giorgio26 likes this.
  2. Natsu

Natsu Popular member

American Idol has sunk pretty low in recent years. Seem's like there's been too much sucking up to sponsors and less emphasis on talent recognition or development, which is why I like the Voice better.

3. neverAgain

neverAgain Senior member

The problem is that all of the good singers aren't chosen for the live shows (where people vote). You see so many great singers in the auditions and then they never make it to the top 24, but you see mediocre/terrible singers who do somehow make it...
    The Voice is better, but because there are so few weeks of live shows you can't really get to know the contestants as well, and the winners have never been really successful, unfortunately. But the whole experience of rooting for favorites and just enjoying performances is nice. It's just that I wish some of top singers would be more popular, but the music industry is so competitive and difficult to make a name for yourself...

4. AstroScopus

AstroScopus Ex-Administrator

my girlfriend cannot stand 'enhanced karaoke'. she refuses to watch either of the shows. I didn't mind them too much during the first few seasons... but I remember the horrible singers getting voted for each week and even I had to stop watching. Normally I would really like a show like that. I just enjoy seeing the popular contestants on 'youtube'. When there's a person worth listening to... they'll be on youtube with millions of views ^^ either from x-factor, a-idol, ***'s got talent, or the voice.

I loved watching this one :

erin92 and johnplaya like this.
  5. johnplaya

johnplaya Popular member VIP User

I love the judges reactions when she belts out that beautiful voice.

AstroScopus likes this.
  6. neverAgain

neverAgain Senior member

... Susan Boyle is really old news ... >_<

7. AstroScopus

ya, post some newer contestants you've liked ... even though it's old, it still gives me chills every time :D

the opera was a bit spotty at times from what I remember from the professional singer singing it, but even that was studio perfected, so I give credit where it is due ^^

8. neverAgain

neverAgain Senior member

erin92 likes this.
  9. neverAgain

neverAgain Senior member

Such an incredible talent for a 16 year old, kicked out of this season's The Voice prematurely...a real shame.

erin92 likes this.
  10. phil

phil New member

11. Squee

Squee Empress of Muffins VIP User

I've actually managed to avoid both shows for the entirety of their running so far. From what I've heard, the politics on those types of shows are supremely unfair, and I know at least American Idol takes huge advantage of the winners. Those types of shows are just not something I enjoy though. Not that my type of shows are any better. xD

12. neverAgain

neverAgain Senior member

american idol is going to end after next year. I'm glad because the show has really gotten worse over the years and there haven't really been any successful winners...The only people who have had some success would be Kelly Clarkson, Jennifer Hudson, Jordin Sparks, Carrie Underwood, Adam Lambert...and some other lesser known contestants like Clay Aiken, Jessica Sanchez, Fantasia, Chris Daughtry, Kellie Pickler.

13. johnplaya

johnplaya Popular member VIP User

Kimberly is voted out of The Voice so I hate it forever. I have now banned it from my home.

14. neverAgain

neverAgain Senior member

OMG yes I was like ... There's no way she can get eliminated, even if she somehow wound up in the bottom 2, but now that she's eliminated I've really lost hope for he show. And it just SO HAPPENS that Kimberly's performance of dirty Diana was NOT posted on YouTube, like wtf? How is that fair?

And I cannot stand that stupid sawyer Fredericks who somehow always gets his songs in the top 10 of the iTunes Charts and always performs near the end of the show, giving him a huge advantage. Not only is his vocal ability average at best and nowhere near the level of Kimberly's or Mia's (her elimination was one of the worst things to happen this season and it made Kimberly's elimination a little less shocking) but he really has NO stage presence and all he does is sing and smile with his ever-increasingly annoying face. Extremely overrated and the worst part is that it seems like the producers are purposely helping him with the staging and timing of his performances. Sigh. I was almost sure that Kimberly would win but now it seems like sawyer is gonna take it.

johnplaya likes this.
  15. AstroScopus

Love this kid's reaction when they turn around.

This girl is adorable.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  16. neverAgain

neverAgain Senior member

I saw the Asian girl's cover of Hello on YT and it was quite lovely. I didn't know she was on Ellen also!

AstroScopus likes this.